I'm Thankful For: {My High School Friends}


"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."
-Anonymous

When I went to College, I was determined that I would stay close with ALL of my High School friends. People would tell me, "Your High School friends won't be your life long friends. You'll meet those people in College." 

I didn't want to believe them!

As I started college I began to realize that there were some friendships from high school that weren't necessarily life long friendships, and that was okay with me. These friendships weren't necessarily benefiting or building me up in a positive way. I realized that I needed to keep the friends that have always been there and will always be there.

"As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a lot of friends, and more important that have real ones."

After almost two years of college, I have made new friends {some very good friendships that I will keep for a long time}, and I enjoy spending time with them while I am at school. 
I've also learned that even though I made some new friends; they are not worth replacing the friendships I already have.
 I have been away from my close friends back home, and I'll admit there were times where we became temporarily disconnected, and our friendships were neglected for a period of time. I've come to realize that a handful of the friendships that I formed in High School, and some even before that, are friendships that will last for a lifetime. These girls have been with me through thick and thin and they need to be reminded how much I love and appreciate their friendships!

Because you are all such beautiful people and precious friends to me, here are my letters to you, reminding you why you are my friend and will continue to remain my friend as long as you'll have me :)

First up...

Tess
a.k.a {T, Sookie, Tessa Isabella, and different variations of all of these!}
Let's do a little "Then and Now" in documenting this friendship!

Then... 
 
 We were really weird... {sometime in middle school?}

Now...
And we're STILL really weird...

Dear Tess,
You have been my friend since elementary school, and you have continued to be my best friend ever since. We have had some small ups and downs, but I know that no matter where we are or what we are going through, you will always be my best friend. I hope you never forget this! You are one of those people who has always been there, and I don't see you going anywhere anytime soon :) You are one of the most intelligent people I know, you're witty and make me laugh CONSTANTLY. Oh, and did I tell you that you are ridiculously good looking? Well...you are! haha :) We have so many great memories together, our "sookie voices," playing basketball together, weekends at your cabin, and other random shenanigans we would get ourselves into! I know we will continue to add to this list of memories, and I can't wait! I miss you terribly when I am gone; just writing this post is making me want to come home and have an old fashioned "Tess and Rachel" sleepover!
Remember our song?! 
"Spider and Fly. Rackle and T. Spider and Fly and Rackle and T"
I love you Fly, I promise to always be your spider :)
Love you always and forever Sookie!

Love,
Rackle

We do manage to take cute and normal pictures too :)
 


Tia
a.k.a {Buggy, Bugg, and probably some other weird pet names that I've forgotten about, lol}
Let's do a little then and now with Tia too :)

Then: 
{Sophomore year of High School}

Now:
"Classic" This picture is kind of a tradition! haha :)

Dear Tia,
Let me just say I am so grateful that our schedules magically aligned PERFECTLY our first semester of Sophomore year. Because of that semester I gained one of the best friends a girl could ask for :) You are one of the most lovely people I know, and not to mention my best friend! You are the BIGGEST dork in the entire world, but that is why I love you so much! We are complete goofballs together, and I am constantly laughing when I am with you. I miss cuddling with you and having you rub my back and play with my hair. I wish you were here to do that every night! {I know some people may think that is weird, and I definitely know our other friends think that, but in my opinion...they are just really jealous!} You are such a kind and warm person, and one heck of a friend; don't think differently! You are a loyal friend and have always been by my side, so thank you. I cannot even begin to list our memories because I seriously just instantly thought of 20 that I could write down! From making tents, laughing when you were dying in the LMC, having "Brefest in blummer," or hopefully someday partaking in a celebratory baptismal....you know what ;) Oh my word, I think I could go on and on. 
Bottom line, you are my best friend Tia and I am so blessed to be able to say that! Love you buggy!

Love,
LB ;)

This is one of my favorite pictures of Tia and I {summer, tans, smiles, best friends :)}


Kelsey


Dear Kelsey,
Girl, I love ya. You are the perfect example of this::

"It's not about who you've known the longest;
it's about who came, and never left your side."


We were never close in the beginning of High School, but then Junior year we started to become better friends, and by Senior year, I considered you to be one of my really good friends! The summer before I left for school we got to hang out a ton, and I definitely considered you one of my best friends. Even though you haven't been a "friend" for as long as some others, I still value you just as much. Just like the quote says, it doesn't matter that we formed our friendship later; all that matters is that you are by my side and I am still calling you my best friend :)
You are one heck of a friend. You are kind, caring, passionate, and have a spunk and zest for life that I admire. You always remind me, "Rach, it's the simple things in life." I laugh every time, but it is so true! Such good advice Kels :) You have so much talent. You are going to make an AMAZING photographer someday. You have a gift for art and design that I will never posses, and I admire those talents of yours so much! I can't wait for you to take some pictures for me in the near future! ;) 
One last thing...you are one of the best listeners and advice givers ever. I remember back to the summer before we left for college and you were giving me a much needed reality check! I didn't listen right away, but eventually I came around! I remember after that night I thought to myself, "Wow, Kels is such an awesome friend; so comforting and caring." You truly have a wonderful heart and I'm so glad that I have a place in it. I love you, Kels!

Love,
Rach



Hannah

We have to take it WAY back for this girl. Way  back as in the 2nd grade!
Hannah and I are the two on the end. We were playing in our first 3on3 basketball tournament! We were really cute... {but not really}
 Now:
{"Snow Ball" Senior year}

Dear Hannah,
When I think of you my dear, these 2 adjectives pop into my head::
1. OUTRAGEOUS
and
2. Understanding
First of all, you are one of the most outrageous, fun, and hysterically funny people I have ever known. It really is never a dull moment with you! You make me laugh uncontrollably; and that is such an awesome quality to find in a friend :)
Second of all, you are one of the most understanding and caring people I know. I know I can come to you to talk about anything important or serious that is going on in my life. You are never judgmental, always open minded, and show a care for others when they are hurt or need you to be there for them. One thing I always loved about you is that we were both raised to be strong Christian women, and I always new that I could talk to you about my faith and we could encourage each other if we needed it. I'm very blessed to have found a friend with a character like yours! :)
It seems like just yesterday I saw you at the Altoona Boys Basketball games and thought to myself, "She looks really cool. I kinda want to be her friend!" Then just a few short years later I got to play basketball with you, then celebrated "double birthdays," and finally developed into a friendship that would last even until today! Thank you for always being a friend to me. You have no idea how much it means to me! Love you Hannah Pauline!

Love,
Rach


 "Sissys"
Otherwise known as Payton and Kate :) 
I don't really know where to begin with these two. Let me just say that without you two, I don't know if my Senior year would have even been half as great! We have some of the craziest memories together! I can't wait to go on a "sissy date" this summer and add some more crazy memories :)







                                       
Dear Payton,
You are such a doll to me and I love that you're my "little sissy!" You made my Senior year and summer after I graduated one of a kind. You are such a fun person to be around, and I miss you like crazy when I'm away. One thing I love about you is that you are drama free. You don't get easily upset or angered; you just let things role off your shoulders. You are not a judgmental person; you're open minded and understanding. I feel like I can tell you what's on my mind and you would never put me down for that! Even though we don't talk as often as we should...our friendship has not changed, and I know that when I come back home we can just pick up where we left off! :)
Oh the memories with you, they really have been endless the last couple of years! I just think back to basketball practices, state basketball, dressing up like we were from the Jersey Shore...haha, and all of our crazy shenanigans that we got into two summers ago. I'm so glad that we spent so much time together that summer because you really grew to become one of my best friends. I love you Payton!


Love,
Sissy


 Dear Kate,
I want to first tell you that you are one of THE most kind, caring, and sincere people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You have a huge heart; and that is evident in all of your relationships and anyone who has the immense pleasure of meeting you :) We started playing basketball together in 2ND GRADE! It's crazy to think where we are now, and that we're still friends! I am very thankful that you were the one who stuck out basketball with me until the end. We went through some tough years, but in the end, we sure did come out on top! I loved having your support and friendship through everything!
I couldn't forget to mention how CRAZY you are! In a good way of course! ;) You are the life of any party, and you make any dull moment turn into something crazy and fun. You are hysterical, and you make me laugh constantly. I don't even want to begin to talk about all of our insane happenings during basketball season! haha.
You are such a talent, in so many ways and I am very proud to call you my friend :) I love you Kathleen!

Love,
Sis


"Even though we change and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not still friends."




Elf House Chronicles