Good Shepherd Sunday


IMG_1246

Happy Monday!
I wanted to share with you all the wonderful message that was in our sermon at church this Sunday. In our church, we celebrated "Good Shepherd Sunday."
The Sermon taught us how, just like sheep, we are very high maintenance to take care of.
We stray, we are lost, we follow what is bad, and we are easily persuaded.
This is not high maintenance in the "bodily sense" but in the "spiritual sense."
We are sinners. Our sinful natures only allow us to do what is bad.
How frustrating that must be for our God?

But oh, how patient and loving his is!
He is our good and faithful shepherd; and he guides and directs us. Keeping us safe and helping us.
We need not fear, for we have him as our guide.

We sang a hymn that I want to share with you!
"The King of Love My Shepherd Is"

I especially like versus 1, 3, 4, and 6

1. The king of love my shepherd is, whose goodness fails me never;
I nothing lack if I am his, 
And he is mine forever.

3. Confused and foolish oft I strayed, But yet in love he sought me;
And on his shoulder gently laid
And home, rejoicing, brought me.

4. In death's dark vale I fear no ill with you, dear Lord, beside me; 
Your rod and staff my comfort still, 
Your cross before to guide me.

6. And so through all the length of days. Your goodness fails me never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing your praise.
Within your house forever!


I found it sung acapella with an acoustic guitar...I like it this way :)

And here's some more pictures from Sunday!
I had an awesome weekend at home with my family. It was full of relaxing, eating, and movie watching! It was some MUCH needed family time.
It was nice and sunny out on Sunday, so we enjoyed time outside, making chicken wings, playing with Annie, and enjoying the spring-time :)

My big brother! He turns 26 this Saturday!
IMG_1253

Don't judge...I LOVE my dog, and really wanted to take a lot of pictures of her :)
IMG_1255

Dancing for a chicken wing!

Kisses for the baby
IMG_1256

How can you resist to head nod?
IMG_1268

Lilacs :)

Chicken wings cooked over a fire. BEST THINGS EVER!
IMG_1252

Daddy cookin'
IMG_1274.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Josh would like everyone to know that he was joking when we took these pictures with Annie. It breaks my heart to say this...but Annie and him don't get along all to well; Josh isn't too big of a fan of her. My puppy is a little protective :)
IMG_1250

IMG_1259

I hope you all had lovely and relaxing weekends!
May the Lord bless your week :)