Live For Today!


Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight. 
Proverbs 3:5-6



It's so easy to daydream about the future, isn't it?! I think of innocent conversations that I have with my friends, and many times, they consist of talking about plans we have for the future. What we want to do this summer, what we're looking forward to next year, complaining about having 2 more years of school left, wishing we were graduating, fantasizing about the jobs we'll have, where we'll live, what are houses will be like, the husband we'll live there with, and the number of kids we'll have and their names. The list goes on and on, and the more we talk, the more we become focused on our futures that lie ahead, and less satisfied with the lives we are living now.


source.

I just recently have been going through a tough time; I've been unhappy, sad, lonely, and un-thankful for the life that I am living.  I felt horrible; like I was being ungrateful for the amazing blessings in this life that God has given me. The truth is, I was being ungrateful. I did not stop to think about all of the amazing things that are happening in my life RIGHT NOW, and give thanks and praise to God for graciously giving me these blessings.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
so not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

It's time. It's time to stop being afraid and dismayed; being depressed and un-happy in this point in my life. God is with me, holding me in his hands. I am going through this stage in my life for a reason. He is making me stronger through my struggles; He is allowing me to get an education, so I can fulfill my dream of being a teacher; and He is preparing me to share His saving word with others, so they too may have the hope of salvation that I have. 

source


I do not need to constantly be thinking about the future; although it is fun at times, and what girl doesn't dream about her wedding, her career, and her future family?! It's just how we are! But we must always remember that those things are all in God's hands, we cannot direct the plans that he has for us, and we can't make time fast forward either! God has wonderful plans for me and I am so excited to see those plans unfold.


In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9



So for now, please remember to live in the present that God has blessed you with. Way back when, this present was the future that you were dreaming about. Trust in the Lord and his timing; he far surpasses all of our understanding and guides and directs us in the way we ought to go. Faith in God includes faith in his timing. Our futures will come soon enough, and when it gets here we may be wishing to spend a couple days back in the life that we are living now. Live for today! It is a wonderful gift from God; praise and thank him for it, do not wish it away! :)



On to some present miscellaneous thoughts for Monday::

1. I'm super excited for the Bachelor tonight! Anyone else?! I found this HILLARIOUS picture: These are the top 10 reasons I so strongly dislike Courtney! 
2. I'm loving this song from Fun. {Video}
3. I'm feeling inspired to do Yoga {post to come on that inspiration tomorrow}
4. I remembered my child-hood love for the Olsen twins this weekend, they were my IDOLS
5. I'm loving this winter so far in Minnesota :) Between January and February, it's only been under 10 degrees TWICE and up  into the 40's at least 15 times! God has blessed Minnesota this winter :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :)


bits of splendor mondayMiscellany Monday @ lowercase lettersFindingBeautyintheOrdinary.com
<